Mysql free GUI for windows and Linux
Here is a list of some really good Mysql free GUI for windows and Linux:
1) phpMyAdmin: [Freeware]
A very powerful and popular web based MySql GUI, supports almost all features that MySql provides, very easy to configure and install, platform independent.
very useful when SSH-tunnel is not available.
Major Features are:
- Intuitive web interface
- Support for most MySQL features:
- Import data from CSV and SQL
- Export data to various formats: CSV, SQL, XML, PDF, ISO/IEC 26300 – OpenDocument Text and Spreadsheet, Word, LATEX and others
- Administering multiple servers
- Creating PDF graphics of your database layout
- Creating complex queries using Query-by-example (QBE)
- Searching globally in a database or a subset of it
- Transforming stored data into any format using a set of predefined functions, like displaying BLOB-data as image or download-link
- browse and drop databases, tables, views, fields and indexes
- create, copy, drop, rename and alter databases, tables, fields and indexes
- maintenance server, databases and tables, with proposals on server configuration
- execute, edit and bookmark any SQL-statement, even batch-queries
- manage MySQL users and privileges
- manage stored procedures and triggers
Download Link: http://www.phpmyadmin.net/
2) Heidisql: [Freeware]
A cool mysql client application, can be install on desktop easy and very handy to use.
Major features are:
- Free for everyone, OpenSource.
- Connect to multiple servers in one window
- Connect to servers via commandline
- Connect via SSH tunnel, or pass SSL settings
- Create and edit tables, views, stored routines, triggers and scheduled events.
- Generate nice SQL-exports
- Export from one server/database directly to another server/database
- Manage user-privileges
- Import text-files
- Export table rows as CSV, HTML, XML, SQL, LaTeX, Wiki Markup and PHP Array
- Browse and edit table-data using a comfortable grid
- Bulk edit tables (move to db, change engine, collation etc.)
- Batch-insert ascii or binary files into tables
- Write queries with customizable syntax-highlighting and code-completion
- Pretty reformat disordered SQL
- Monitor and kill client-processes
- Find specific text in all tables of all databases of one server
- Optimize and repair tables in a batch manner
- Launch a parallel mysql.exe command line window using your current connection settings
Download link: http://www.heidisql.com/
3) Msql Workbench: [Freeware]
Very powerful standalone mysql client for mysql development, administration, data export, migration, optimization. Available for windows and Linux
Major Features supported are:
SQL Development, Database Administration, Server Status & Health, Server Configuration, Replication Configuration, User and Session Management, Application Roles, Session Management, Multiple Connections, SSH-Tunneling, Data Management, Table Data Search, Visual Data Modeling, ER Diagramming, Model Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Schema Synchronization, Backups, Database Migration
Download Link: MySql Workbench
4) Toad for MySQL: [Freeware]
Great tool for mysql development and administration, provides various features as well as different ways connection including database on aws.
Download Link: http://www.quest.com
5) SqlYog Community Edition: [Freeware]
one of the popular client for mysql, very powerful available for windows, Linux .
Features: ? Data manipulations (INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE) may be done from a spreadsheet-like interface. Both raw table data and a result set from a query can be manipulated.
- Rich context menus etc. for performing common tasks without writing SQL.
- Visual Schema Designer.
- Visual Query Builder.
- Query Formatter.
- Connectivity options: Direct client/server using MySQL API (SSL supported), HTTP/HTTPs Tunneling, SSH Tunneling.
Backup Tool for performing unattended backups. Backups may be compressed and optionally stored as a file-per-table as well as identified with a timestamp.
Downlod Link: SqlYog
Official website: https://www.webyog.com/